Great cooking has the power to turn around a gloomy day and make it memorable. And if the dish served is a recipe for beef, then the happiness is endless. If you cherish such a happy memory and are planning to serve a beef dish, then we wish you very happy cooking! That is why we are here! So, you have decided to cook frozen beef tenderloin? But you were uncertain about how it would turn out, and would you be able to actually satisfy yourself and impress your friends and family? Then, don’t worry we have got your back, and let’s assure you that you have landed on the right blog!
In this write-up, we have shared with you all the details on how to prepare the perfect beef tenderloin by cooking it in the oven. So, just check out the method below.
Method to Cook Beef Tenderloin in the Oven
Firstly, you should know that when cooking the frozen beef tenderloin in the kitchen, there are two ways that you can do it: a) fast, and b) not-so-fast. If you are in a hurry, then you need to just thaw the frozen beef tenderloin, shove the meat inside the oven, roast it on high heat, and then eat it. However, when preparing recipes, you might first roast the thawed beef on low heat and then gradually increase the temperature inside the oven. Once the meat turns brown, the cooking finishes.
Any of the methods can prepare the delicious beef tenderloin roast. However, make sure that you don’t overdo the cooking,
So, let’s know in more detail about the methods.
Equipment You Need to Roast the Frozen Beef Tenderloin in Oven
For roasting the frozen beef tenderloin (first thaw it), you will require a roasting pan that is large in size, sturdy, shallow, and has a rack. In case you don’t own the particular pan, you can use a pan for baking with an wire rack that is safe for oven placed inside. Besides, you will require an oven-going meat thermometer.
A commonly asked question by beginners is: whether he or she should cook the meat tenderloin on the rack, and the answer to this is yes! The reason behind this is that when the meat is placed over the roasting pan, it is kept over the juices. Hence, the heat can easily circulate the meat.
The Fast Method
What is the right temperature to cook the frozen beef tenderloin after thawing it? To be specific, if you go with the higher heat way, then 425 degrees Fahrenheit would be the ideal one for you. Here we have explained how you can prepare the roasted Beef tenderloin:
- First, heat the oven and bring it to the previously mentioned temperature level, which is 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, place the tenderloin on the rack in the roasting pan. (Note: You are not required to sear the meat before roasting it.)
- The thickest section roast meat should be where you place an oven-safe meat thermometer. (You can use instant-read thermometer, in case you don’t own an oven-meat thermometer to check whether the meat has been cooked.) Neither cover the roast with foil nor pour water in the pan.
- Roast in the already heated oven till the ideal temperatures shown below are reached by the thermometer. Depending on the size of your roast, this is how long you would need to roast the beef tenderloin.
For a 2- to 3-pound Pound Tenderloin Roast:
- Roast the meat for about 35 to 40 minutes at medium-rare temperature (135 degrees Fahrenheit to be specific)
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes for a medium (150 degrees Fahrenheit)
For a 4-to 5-pound Tenderloin Roast:
- Roast the meat for 50 to 60 minutes at a temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast for 60 to 70 minutes for a medium of 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Thereafter, take out the meat from the oven, wrap it with foil, and then wait for 15 minutes before you carve it. The meat’s inner temperature will increase to 145 degrees or 160 degrees Fahrenheit when it is on standby.
The gradual method for roasting beef tenderloin in the oven calls for roasting the meat at 250°F at first, then increasing the heat to 425°F to get an interesting browned surface. Naturally, this two-temperature approach will take longer to roast beef tenderloin than a single-temperature one.
Roast the meat uncovered for 20 minutes at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for a 2-1/2 pound beef tenderloin. Then raise the temperature to 425°F. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer placed in the centre of the thickest portion of the flesh reads 135°F. From the oven, remove. Wrap it up loosely with foil. 10 minutes should pass before serving.
It is not advised to prepare beef tenderloin roast in a slow cooker. That’s because a slow cooker cooks food using moist heat. The ideal method for roasting beef tenderloin is a dry heat, therefore the oven is your best bet. On the other hand, you may make a variety of pot roasts in your slow cooker.
Now, that you are at the end of the blog, hopefully, you know how to roast or cook a delicious beef tenderloin. One thing however, you must know is that you should buy the best frozen Beef tenderloin, which is tender, and soft. If you are based out of Brazil and are looking for the best beef cuts, then order it now from Brazil Chicken S.I.F. Dial 011 4948-3670 or drop a mail at email@example.com.